top of page
We offer semi-private sewing and quilting classes in our studio space. The classes range from beginner sewing/quilting to intermediate workshops. Classes are added regularly so please check the site for updates. If you don't see what you are looking for feel free to contact us with your request. Current offerings are listed below.
- Sat, Jun 10Firefly QuiltingJun 10, 10:00 AM – 2:30 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAI do love patterns that come with instructions for multiple sizes and it is an added bonus if I can use some of the precuts in my stash! This pretty quilt uses 5” squares, includes directions for three sizes (baby, throw and bed size/full) and is pieced on the diagonal.
- Mon, Jun 12Firefly QuiltingJun 12, 10:00 AM – 2:30 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAIn this class yoIn this class you will learn foundation paper piecing while making this mini quilt. The pattern includes options for multiple sizes, we will be making the 18”. Good for beginners as well as those with some paper piecing experience. It would make a nice wall hanging, pillow or bag.
- Mon, Jun 26Montville
- Sun, Jul 09Firefly QuiltingJul 09, 10:00 AM – 2:15 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAThiThis throw size quilt is made with just 10” squares and background fabric. It is a great class for all levels and a good opportunity to learn how to sew partial seams, piece on the diagonal and work on color/pattern placement. Two different color combinations depicted above. Class 2 on July 9th
- Mon, Jul 10Firefly QuiltingJul 10, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAThis is a quick and easy project that can be made with 10” squares or yardage. They are a great way to organize bags, good for travel This is a quick and easy project that can be made with 10” squares or yardage. They are a great way to organize bags, good for travel and good for kids backpacks.
- Mon, Jul 17Montville
- Mon, Jul 31Firefly QuiltingJul 31, 10:00 AM – 2:30 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAThis is a cute, versatile bag made with quilted fabric. We will be making handles, installing a zipper and making bias binding to be used to finish the bag. I will have kits available with fabric that has been quilted on the longarm. Good for confident beginners on up.
- Sat, Aug 19Firefly QuiltingAug 19, 10:00 AM – 2:30 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAThis pattern is contemporary, fun and a great way to showcase your favorite prints. We will be making strip sets and combining them in two different ways for the final blocks. Most people will finish their top in class. The final piece is a nice sized lap quilt or a larger baby quilt.
Classes: Events List
bottom of page