We offer semi-private sewing and quilting classes in our studio space. The classes range from beginner sewing/quilting to intermediate workshops. Classes are added regularly so please check the site for updates. If you don't see what you are looking for feel free to contact us with your request. Current offerings are listed below.
- Sat, Oct 01Firefly QuiltingOct 01, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAWe will explore different binding options for quilts. This includes various widths, bias vs WOF, irregular shaped pieces, scrappy bindings and machine vs. hand. Bring a piece that needs to be bound, preferably no larger than a small lap quilt, and finish it in class.
- Sun, Oct 16Firefly QuiltingOct 16, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAUsing 10” squares we will make this cute crib size quilt with a fun border made from the scraps cut from the larger center blocks. Choose a contrasting background for a piece that will really show off the main fabrics.
- Mon, Oct 24Firefly QuiltingOct 24, 10:00 AM – 2:30 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAWe will look at various ways to make a simple panel much more interesting as a quilt. Looking at the panels we will discuss a variety of block shapes that can be used to construct a border that will complement that particular panel. Bring your favorite border and a variety of fabric.
- Fri, Oct 28Firefly QuiltingOct 28, 3:45 PM – 5:45 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAPerfect for heating soup, chili, etc. in the microwave as it will prevent burns when taking it back out as well as keep your food warm for a longer period of time. They come together quickly and make excellent gifts! They are also excellent stashbusters.
- Sat, Oct 29Firefly QuiltingOct 29, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM CDTFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAThis stunning bags are constructed using embroidered ribbon from Renaissance Ribbon. If you have not used these before you are sure to love the quality as well as the finished product. There are some traditional bag techniques as well as a few new ones. This is a stay until you finish class.
- Sun, Nov 06Firefly QuiltingNov 06, 10:00 AM – 2:30 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAThis is a great piece to showcase larger prints or for fussy cutting. This is a two day class which will allow for time to fussy cut and assemble the A blocks as well as all of the steps needed to make the B blocks. It is a very interesting design! The second class will meet on December 11th.
- Mon, Nov 07Firefly Quilting
- Sat, Nov 26Firefly QuiltingNov 26, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PMFirefly Quilting, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAThis will be like one of those choose your own adventure books! Do you have any leftover blocks from a quilt you made? A fabric with a larger print? Needlework/embroidered block? Bring what you have and we will build both the front and zippered back.
- Sat, Dec 03156 Forsyth RdDec 03, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM156 Forsyth Rd, 156 Forsyth Rd, Oakdale, CT 06370, USAThis is a great pattern that has options for multiple sizes. We will be working on the lap size in class. This is a great opportunity to work on matching your points as there are several but not so many that it is overwhelming. Excellent for quilters of all levels.